Wednesday, September 24, 2008

THE WHISPER




So we just finished making our first movie. It was quite the interesting experience, and I had a blast. The name of the movie is 'The Whisper'. Its about a man who wants to become a superhero, but has no powers to do so. But more than that, its about a dysfunctional family. It's a pretty funny movie, and I'm excited to edit it. Our producer (lab teacher) said it's one of the best movies he has seen done in Digital Cinematography in a long time. And if one of us makes a really good edit, we will get lots of praise for it. So that was pretty cool! I was the Assistant Director on the shoot, which ended up being VERY stressful. The A.D. is in charge of making the shooting schedule and making sure everything is running on time. I also had to call out 'Quiet on the Set!, this is for picture, Sound (they would say speed when they were ready), Camera (they would also say speed), Marker (and the Assistant Cameraman would clap the clapboard together) and then we would wait for the Director to call 'ACTION!' For the stressful part- I made a pretty good shooting schedule that accomidated everyone's needs (Our main actor had to leave by 12:30 am on the 2nd day). Well during the first day of shoot another one of our main actors suddenly remembers she has to leave by 6:30 pm that day... well we were supposed to be shooting until 9 pm. So I had to re write my entire schedule so we could get all her coverage done before 6 30 and had to push a lot of her shots to the 2nd day, which was hard because I had to get Paul out by 12:30 on day 2. So somehow I manage to get it all taken care of, and then our other actress decides that since the other 2 get to leave early, that she wants to to go to work some on Tuesday so she can make some money. Well, let's just say how annoying that is. She used the excuse 'I'm a struggling actress'. NEVER use that as an excuse. So I had to re-write my schedule 3 different times, and not to mention we were 3 hours behind schedule on day 1. SOMEHOW we managed to pull it off, with time to spare. I thank my amazing organization skills, because without those I would've died of a panic attack. Other than that, I thought the shoot went great. We all had tons of fun, and learned a lot. I think the movie is going to turn out great. We shot it in my apartment, which added to a lot of stress I must say. I'm glad we are done, and I can put my apartment back together. This Saturday night we are shooting a Rimell London comercial, so that should be fun. I'm Co-Directing on that, so wish me luck.

No comments: