Friday, October 31, 2008

Everglades

ahhhh! I really don't have the time to be doing this, considering I'm moving tomorrow and still have a crap load to pack. But oh well, I need a break.

So last weekend me and my documentary group went to the Everglades to film our documentary about non-indigenous species and the problems they cause in the Everglades. There are quite a few Burmese Pythons living in the Everglades, and they obviously don't belong there. They originate in Asia, and I was told they are the second largest snake next to the Anaconda. They can grow past 20 ft long! Enormous. There has been many sightings of the Pythons fighting with the Alligator, and there's even one picture of a python that ate a 6 foot Alligator, but couldn't handle it and it exploded out of its stomach ha ha! We saw a crap load of Alligators, but no wild snakes. But we did go to an animal shelter place where a guy got bit by a King Cobra and rushed to Vemon I. haha kinda crazy.

So anyways, we had some fun. We stayed in a ghetto place called the Hostel, which many people know about. I slept on a bunk bed that was way too short for me, and got about 8 hours of sleep in 2 days. Oh well! Here's some pictures from our journey.

Mine and Stephens War paint

Me and Mike in a tree

Like 3 seconds before the King Cobra bites him!


This is basically what the Everglades looks like.... nothing too exciting.

No comments: