Monday, October 20, 2008

Dew Tour

So I had the privilege of going to Dew Tour yesterday. What Dew Tour is- it's an extreme sport tour that includes, freestyle dirtbiking, bmx vert and dirt, skateboard park and vert. Most of the professional athletes from extreme sports compete in this tour, because it is one of the biggest events. They go to 5 different cities, and get points in each city depending on the place they get. And at the last stop (Orlando) all the points are added up, and there's a winner in each event. The winner gets a decent amount of money. I got to watch the freestyle dirtbiking final, and the skateboard park final. It was awesome seeing some of my favorite athletes growing up, performing right in front of my own eyes! During the skateboard park event, they were shooting t-shirts from some t-shirt cannon thing, and if you caught one you and one other person of your choiec got VIP during the awards ceremony. This means you got to be down on the floor when the athletes walked the "green carpet" (because of Mountain Dew sponsor). Well I ended up catching a shirt, so me and my friend Dennis got VIP! I was so excited to be able to meet some of my childhood heroes. Check out the pictures.




Adam Jones (Freestyle MX winner)
Bucky Lasek (Pro Skateboarder)

No comments: