Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Cheers to 2 months of craziness!

So yesterday we found out our positions for our 16mm shoot coming up next month. We had to apply for these positions and then the teachers picked from the portfolios who they thought would best fit the job. I applied for First Assistant Director as my first choice- sound mixer as second- and boom operator as third. But ultimately I wanted First Assistant Director and I just applied for the other 2 because they made us apply for 3 jobs. It was a lot of working getting the portfolios together, and my position required lots and lots of paperwork. But it paid off, and I was chosen as the 1st AD. I was pretty happy about that, even though it wasn't the script I wanted to work out. They split our class up and half of us work on one script and the other half works on another. They put me on the script I didn't really want, but that's alright. Gotta make the best of it! So now I'm going to be super busy in the next couple of months. I have lots of work before and during the shoot to do. The main part of my job consists of scheduling out the three 12 hour shooting days, making sure the rest of the crew are getting their stuff ready before the shoot, and a bunch of another paperwork. On the shoot I'm in charge of the crew and making sure everything is running smoothly because the director is supposed to only concentrate on the talent so I have to be in charge of everything else. So hopefully everything goes well, I'm pretty excited! That's all for now!

No comments: